Maintenance and Operations Specialist
Incumbents perform journey-level skilled activities and will operate heavy equipment at Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre (HPEC).
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position working an extremely flexible schedule including whenever there are events scheduled at HPEC. It will be a combination of some days, evenings, most weekends and holidays.
- Examples of Duties
Examples of essential duties will include the following:
Operates heavy equipment such as water truck, dump truck, skid steer, graders, loaders, Gannon tractors, and large tractors equipped with grooming implements, and laser levelers;
Creates several types of arena set-ups specifically designed for each event; prepares footing per event specifications in park arenas; arena preparation and maintenance; panel set-up and tear-down;
Performs inspections, repairs, maintenance, preventative maintenance, installation, and calibration of various types of equipment and systems for the park;
Assists with overall grounds maintenance at HPEC requiring hands-on work in the fields of landscape maintenance, equipment operation, janitorial and general maintenance.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as assigned.
- Typical Qualifications
High school diploma or GED; supplemented by vocational/technical training in heavy equipment operation, vehicle operation, and specific area of assignment; supplemented by two (2) years relevant experience directly related to the area of assignment; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
The hiring department may include assignment specific job related experience, specific training or license and certification preferences at the time of recruitment.
Knowledge (position requirements at entry):
- General mechanics;
- Equipment operations;
- Equestrian event industry;
- Footing used for equestrian events;
- Occupational hazards and safe work practices;
- Customer Service principles.
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Supplemental Information
* Valid Arizona Driver's License;
* CDL, Class A with tanker endorsement or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
* Experience operating and maintaining grounds equipment;
* Experience in arena maintenance preferred;
* Structural Pest Control Certification (Category 3) or have the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire;
* Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects;
* Satisfactory completion of drug screening, fingerprinting, background check and driving record check.
This position has been identified as a safety-sensitive position by Human Resources, per State and/or Federal Law. Upon conditional offer of employment, the candidate selected will be required to undergo testing for alcohol and controlled substances within twenty-four (24) hours of the offer.