This job classification description is intended to be generic in nature and not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The specific tasks/duties may vary based on position assignment and as determined by the Town of Queen Creek.
JOB CLASSIFICATION SUMMARY
Positions assigned to this class are responsible for performing quality assurance inspections on all phases of construction of Public improvements related to residential & commercial private development projects to ensure compliance with plans, standards, specifications, codes, permits and ordinances.
This is a fully qualified level construction inspection classification in the construction management job family where tasks and assignments are performed using a variety of procedures and techniques. This is the experienced/journey level that is fully competent in the technical/functional aspects of assigned role. Work usually involves the application of sound technical principles and best practices associated with planning, diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving. Incumbents perform varied assignments requiring journey level knowledge in assigned area of responsibility.
- Examples of Duties
The following are intended to describe core work functions of this classification. While the level and broad nature of essential duties may not change, specific work tasks will vary over time depending on the Town’s needs.
- Performs inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications in the areas of concrete inspection, underground utility construction, street light and traffic signal construction, temporary traffic control, asphalt construction, grading, and final approval of project; and test sewer mains and manholes; evaluate the current working conditions to make sure every person is working in a safe environment; on-site grading, paving and drainage inspection on commercial projects for compliance with plans.
- Receives prepares/completes various forms and reviews, reports, files, correspondence, overtime requests, invoices, logs, project status reports, letters of acceptance, warrantee notices, punch lists, work orders, civil engineering plans, construction drawings, as-built plans, permits, traffic control plans, laboratory reports, materials/soils reports, retention basin certificates, specifications, standards, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies, procedures, manuals, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Consults with contractors on proper construction and maintenance of emergency access to vertical construction under applicable program guidelines; controls amount of vertical construction of neighborhoods under applicable program(s) based on conformance to specifications.
- Conducts field inspections; inspects installations of public water and sewer systems; inspects and test water lines and sewer lines to assure conformance to applicable standards and specifications.
- Solve problems and conflicts dealing with construction problems.
- Operates a motor vehicle, personal computer, general office equipment, measuring devices, camera, ladder, level, temperature gun, utility access hole crowbar, hydrant wrench, shovel, hand tools or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, database, e-mail, internet, or other computer program
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Typical Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (at job entry)
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
- Supplemental Information
- Job site safety;
- OSHA guidelines;
- Basic traffic control techniques;
- Dispute resolution techniques;
- Basic engineering principles;
- Customer service principles;
- Standard office equipment including the computer and programs relevant to the performance of applicable duties and responsibilities;
- Ability to apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others.;
- Underground pipeline installation;
- Concrete and placement practices;
- Asphalt lay down/rolling practices;
- Acceptable standards for concrete and asphalt;
- Proficient with mathematical aptitude.
- Interpreting and applying applicable Federal, state and local laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations;
- Inspecting construction projects for conformity to standards and plans;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and other interested parties sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
A Town of Queen Creek electronic employment application is required for employment consideration. Obtain this by clicking on the link below or go to www.queencreek.orgApply Online
Pay: $54,936.50 to $77,721.90/year
$54936.5 - $77721.9
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3947312