Compliance Officer - Queen Creek Fire & Medical
JOB CLASSIFICATION SUMMARY
The Queen Creek Fire & Medical Department (QCFM) Compliance Officer will review and analyze response and medical data to assure compliance with state and federal regulations regarding ambulance service delivery and medical billing practices. The QCFM Compliance Office will maintain the QCFM Compliance Program and deliver education to the workforce of QCFM on an annual basis.
- Examples of Duties
The following are intended to describe core work functions of this classification. While the level and broad nature of essential duties may not change, specific work tasks will vary over time depending on the Town’s needs.
- Maintenance and updating of the QCFM Ambulance Compliance Program
- Analysis and review of Fire and Medical Dept RMS and ePCR data
- Patient Care Reporting QA as necessary to assure regulatory requirement compliance.
- Patient Care Reporting QA as necessary to assure billing compliance.
- Review and Respond to all Medical Records requests. Assure that when appropriate all PHI has been redacted appropriately.
- Develop and Deliver reports as required to State and Federal regulatory agencies
- Reconcile medications records between dispensers and ePCR software to assure appropriate usage and accountability of prescription medication administration.
- Educate QCFM personnel in the tenets of the Compliance and Privacy programs and regulatory requirements.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Typical Qualifications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (at job entry)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare, Emergency Services or a related field
- 3 years of experience in data compilation and analysis
- Experience in analysis and quality assurance of patient care reports.
- Working familiarity with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the requisite knowledge and ability to perform the duties as described.
- Certified Paramedic certification or Registered Nurse License
- CAPO certification or equivalent
- Individual cannot be on the Office of the Inspector General list of Excluded Individuals / Entities.
- ALS and BLS medical documentation
- Quality Assurance Program experience
- HIPAA and Privacy Program management experience
- Familiarity with NEMSIS and Patient Care Reporting Software
- Data Analysis and presentation
- AZDHS data reporting requirements
- Medical billing principles
- Gathering and analyzing data sets for compliance purposes
- Recognizing areas for improvement and recommending new procedures, protocol, and training programs to management
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, and other interested parties sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Supplemental Information
OVERALL PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMANDS:
Physical Strength for this classification is indicated below with an "X" X Sedentary: Exerting up to 10 lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time. Light: Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree. Medium: Exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly. Heavy: Exerting 50-100 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 lbs. constantly. Very Heavy: Exerting over 100 lbs. occasionally, 50-100 lbs. frequently, or up to 20-50 lbs. constantly.
C F O R N Continuously Frequently Occasionally Rarely Never 2/3 or more time 1/3 to 2/3 of time Up to 1/3 time < 1 hour per week Never occurs
Note: This is intended as a description of the way the job is currently performed. It does not address the potential for accommodation.
Physical Demand Brief Description C F O R N Standing Communicating with co-workers, observing work site, observing work duties X Sitting Desk work X Walking To other departments/offices/office equipment X Lifting Supplies, files X Carrying Supplies, files X Pushing/Pulling File draws, tables and chairs X Reaching For supplies, for files X Handling Paperwork X Fine Dexterity Computer keyboard, telephone pad, calculator, calibrating equipment X Kneeling Filing in lower drawers, retrieving items from lower shelves/ground X Crouching Filing in lower drawers, retrieving items from lower shelves/ground X Crawling Under equipment X Bending Filing in lower drawers, retrieving items from lower shelves/ground X Twisting From computer to telephone, getting inside vehicles X Climbing Stairs, step stool X Balancing On step stool X Vision Reading, computer screen, driving X Hearing Communicating with co-workers and public and on telephone, listening to equipment X Talking Communicating with co-workers and public and on telephone X Foot Controls Driving X Other (Specify)
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE:
Standard office equipment; vehicle
D W M S N Daily Several Times Per Week Several Times Per Month Seasonally Never Health & Safety Factors D W M S N Health & Safety Factors D W M S N Mechanical Hazards X Respiratory Hazards X Chemical Hazards X Extreme Temperatures X Electrical Hazards X Noise and Vibration X Fire Hazards X Wetness/Humidity X Explosives X Physical Hazards X Communicable Diseases X Physical Danger or Abuse X Other (Specify Below
C F O R N Continuously Frequently Occasionally Rarely Never 2/3 or more time 1/3 to 2/3 of time Up to 1/3 time < 1 hour per week Never occurs Description of Non-Physical Demands C F O R N Time Pressure X Emergency Situation X Frequent Change of Tasks X Irregular Work Schedule/Overtime X Performing Multiple Tasks Simultaneously X Working Closely with Others as Part of a Team X Tedious or Exacting Work X Noisy/Distracting Environment X Other (Specify Below)
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION:
X Office Environment Warehouse Shop Recreation/Neighborhood Center Vehicle Outdoors Combination of Office, Vehicle and Field Other (Specify Below)
A Town of Queen Creek electronic employment application is required for employment consideration. Obtain this by clicking on the link below or go to www.queencreek.orgApply Online
Pay: $80,373.60 to $116,542/year
$80373.6 - $116542
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3960061